Wednesday, January 1, 2014

In Love Or Deep Like?

Sometimes I wonder if I really loved the people I claimed to while I was in a relationship with them. I'd like to think I did, albeit I only said this to possibly two persons. I'm not the type to throw that word around loosely.

So the appropriate questions here are, first, are any of the two qualified to be called real love? and second, can real love phase out? Also, if it phases out, (the romance part, that is) was it not the real deal?

Is age a factor too? The first person I said I loved was from way back in my younger years, and I think I meant it, because I still love him to this day. We tell each other all the time that we love each other. It isn't even the romantic sort of love anymore though, its just that we genuinely care about each other.

The second one is still recent, and yea I love him but he's not good for me. No need to rehash that.

The point is though, am I supposed to keep loving someone the same way forever after we fall in love? After all isn't that the concept of marriage? I'd like to get married one day. What if something happens and my feelings change, not that I wouldn't love my husband still, but what if things changed? Is it that people, or better yet, did marriage veterans just make up their mind to fall in love over and over again?

I guess all I can do is hope that my husband will adore me for a lifetime and I the same to him.