Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Soul Soothing Music

I've been having a rocky few days, between parental scrimmages, self criticisms and a stagnant life in general (jobs, moving out etc.). So to survive my funk I've discovered and been replaying non-stop some really great songs. I have, I'm sure like most people, a certain list of artists that I call on for different moods. For my borderline depression I choose to soothe myself with the likes of Florence and the Machine, Frou Frou, Christina Perry (on occasion), Corrine Bailey Ray, Lykke Li and I'll mix in some Lana del Rey.

Recently, however, my go to artists have somewhat changed. I still listen to the aforementioned, but I now know about a few more. Bear in mind I'm really late with some of these, they've been out for some time.

Here are a few of the 'new' songs I like.

1. It's My Heart, Cookie- He Needs Me

This song helped me through a weird break up. I feel like the song described our relationship, at the time, really well. Now I just like it because it's a great song.


2. Daughter - Medicine

I first heard this song on So You Think You Can Dance. The dancers did a really great job with it and I felt the song through their performance, I just knew I had to find it.



3. Janine and the Mixtape - Hold Me

I'll admit I sort of liked it at first, then hearing the complete song turned me off, but now I'm loving it. I'm not entirely sure why.



Here are a few Sia songs because I can't get enough of her.

4. Sia- Cellophane


5. Sia- Big Girls Cry


6. Sia- Lullaby

7. Sia- Breathe Me