Wednesday, December 18, 2013

It's My Life...I Think

So I've decided that I'm going to do what I want and not what society, or the viewing public on my social media accounts, think I should do.

I'm in a place where I'm still not sure what to do...yes, three months after I wrote that first blog post, I'm still clueless. Being basically jobless has led me to the first obvious question after gaining a bachelors degree, "What about graduate school?"

My response to that is that I don't think I really want to do that right now. Is that so terrible? I want to be innovative, I want to start something epic, I want a business, a non-profit maybe, or a charity foundation, something. All I know is I want to leave a legacy, and sitting behind a desk all day building someone else's business isn't what I want to do.

I also need to realize that being 23 isn't so bad, I'm not that old. Then I remember, my 24th birthday is in the next 3 months...great! I guess I've always had it in mind that I wanted to do something great at around 21 years old, but that clearly isn't happening...better yet hasn't happened.

Ignoring that notion of 21 year old success, I took my head out of sand and took a look around. People my age are also complaining about their lives too. They feel stuck, they don't know what their next move should be, just like me. It's still a bit disconcerting, this life we're struggling in shows no mercy.

However, the real deal here is that, we youngin'z need these conventional behind-the-desk jobs because we fein over Steve Madden/Tory Burch Shoes, white bedrooms like on Pinterest that have a spread of bath and bodyworks candles permeating the air, and the idea of driving nice cars. I'm not saying these things aren't great, because man, I want to raid Urban Outfitters, but what about genuine happiness? Why do I have to choose between nice things that offer instant gratification and having a great life and an unconventional career?

Figuring out these things would be great.