Sunday, August 31, 2014

#139 Days of Positivity

It's the last day of August and I must say this is the first time in months that I've been happy. I'm not happy because my circumstances have drastically changed, but because I've finally understood what it means to DECIDE to be happy.

I have decided to just be positive, no matter how much negativity likes to scream in my face. I try to see joy in every situation.

 Three things I do to keep positive:

I visit my favorite place

Pictured: Frenchman's Cove

I love the beach, so living close to one is such a plus. I go there as often as I can to get away from everybody, if even for a moment.


I pray

No matter how "controversial" the simple act of speaking to God is, I still find it to be important. I feel great when I feed my spiritual life. Praying helps me to control my reactions, it helps me to definitively choose to embrace life and most importantly it provides a medium for me to be grateful for everything and to show that appreciation continuously.



I Write
(Journal from Peter Pauper Press)
I write almost everything important to me in this journal, that is, when I'm not investing long hours on my old faithful Macbook. I find that I express myself aptly in print rather than verbally. 


There are other things that I do of course, but these are the main ones. All in all, I'm happy and loving it. I welcome all other suggestions for happiness and positivity.